[Tlhingan-hol] Hints and tips : Verb prefixes

John R. Harness cartweel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 14:43:31 PST 2015

qunnoQ is absolutely right. His method is very reasonable, I think, to
master memorization of the table. It is essentially what I did, testing
myself each day to try to write out the chart. Now I am definitely in the
middle of making things "automatic," which simply comes from using the
prefixes in writing in speech! But now I'm not intimidated by mu- or nu-!

Let me share another exercise that I've used: It is a little like the
children's "memory" game. I cut up pieces of paper into small "cards" and
wrote all the verb prefixes on some of them, and a few (10 or so?) verbs on
the faces of other cards. I'd pick up a prefix card and a verb card and
combine them into a prefix+verb, which I would then try to translate AS
QUICKLY AS I COULD. I did this until I had used all the prefixes, then
repeated.

Keep working and you will soon master the prefixes!

'arHa

Message: 1