[Tlhingan-hol] ulesses Ha'DIbaH

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 04:05:29 PST 2015

ghItlhpu' ghunchu'wI', jatlh :

> cha'maH cha' joQDu' ghajba' Ha'DIbaH.

jIQochbe' ghunchu'wI'..
I agree (with you) ghunchu'wI'..

ghItlhpu' QeS, jatlh :

> 'opben
> maHvaD ngugh jatlhlu', {loSben boghlaw'pu' ghaH}.
> vaj qanqu'ba' Odysseus Ha'DIbaHHey, 'ach 'e' vIlajqangchu' jIH'e'.

before I ask about your sentences, I want to say that I admire the way
you write ! I hope someday
I will acquire similar skill..

there are three questions I would like to ask you

1. if instead of {'opben}, one wrote {'op ben} would that be wrong ?
2. in your sentence maHvaD ngugh jatlhlu', {loSben boghlaw'pu' ghaH},
I see that you wrote (if my
    translation is correct) : "then/at that time someone said for us"
and then you placed what he said
    in {...} Can I assume, this is one of the ways to quote someone's words ?
3. the way I translated the following sentence :
   {vaj qanqu'ba' Odysseus Ha'DIbaHHey, 'ach 'e' vIlajqangchu' jIH'e'.}
   I understand it says :
   <in that case, the apparent dog of odysseus was obviously very old,
     however I'm perfectly willing to accept it>
     I don't understand the use of {'e'} after the {'ach} and of the
{-'e'} after the jIH..

cpt qunnoQ