[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: -bej versus Sov

qov at kli.org qov at kli.org
Tue Dec 22 11:53:38 PST 2015

Aw come on non-BGs. I also was eager to answer this question because it’s the awesomest kind, from a beginner who has clearly thought through the grammar, come to an understanding, provided examples, and wants to check that the conclusion is correct, and it has that soooo-tantalizing simple prefix error that you just have to reach out and correct, because you know the beginner was so busy concentrating on the new idea that they missed that the prefix needs an object.

But it’s clearly a BG-intended post. It’s marked with KLBC, asking a simple question and from a known and respect-worthy  taghwI’.

I even looked up the time of the solstice to see if I could reasonably assume that ‘arHa would be too deep in revelry to answer this in a timely fashion, giving me an excuse to do so, but it was more than twelve hours ago, so he should have recovered by now.

pabpo’ma’ tIvuv. mIw yIvuv. taghwI’ma’ tIvuv. KLBC maqlu’DI’ peloS. pabpo’ wIvuvbe’chugh vaj chay’ gheSlaHchu’?

  - Qov ‘utlh

--

Online Klingon Course free to all KLI members: http://www.kli.org/members-only/klcp-prep/