[Tlhingan-hol] Prospero año nuevo

qov at kli.org qov at kli.org
Tue Dec 22 11:44:31 PST 2015

QISta'
>> DIS chu' Suchepjaj!

SuStel
> chepjaj DIS chu'
> may the new year be prosperous

Do we have canon showing that in Klingon something occurring to an individual during a time period can be expressed as something happening to that time period? I tend to avoid that construction to be safe.

> qaStaHvIS DIS chu' bIchepjaj
> may you be prosperous in the new year

SuStel, SoHvaD moHaqmey 'agh taghwI'.  maHvaD jatlh, vaj lugh wIvDaj.

Suchepjaj expresses the wish for us all, and if we are going to accept <DIS chu'> as a valid description of a year that has just begun, then what could be the problem with it as a timestamp?

DIS chu' Suchepjaj, indeed.

  - Qov ‘utlh
--
Online Klingon Course free to all KLI members: http://www.kli.org/members-only/klcp-prep/