[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: -bej versus Sov

Chelsea Knauf chelsea.knauf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 10:36:22 PST 2015

{-bej} and {Sov} seem to both occupy a very similar space, so I'm trying to
muddle out when one is used over the other.  {-bej} can only be used to
describe things the speakers believes to be true, so {Sov} is required for
everything but singular first person, I believe.  But when expressing
things that *I* know, are there guidelines for when {-bej} or {jISov} is
more appropriate?

The TKD has the example sentence {nuSeHbej}.  Is there a reason it can be
rephrased as {nuSeH 'e' jISov}?

{Doq DujDaj jISov} or {Doqbej DujDaj}?
{cho'IjlaH 'e' jISov} or {cho'IjlaHbej}?