[Tlhingan-hol] Interactions between verb suffixes

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 07:53:15 PST 2015

Thinking further on it, I think {-choH} does apply to the subject and verb and object. There may be a giant hall chocked FULL of people holding swords, so blade-holding is happening all over the place over a long span of time, but when THIS individual subject begins to hold this individual object, the {-choH} moment of the statement is triggered, and this boy becomes a man.

He could begin to hold a rock. Nope. Not a man yet. Someone else could begin to hold his sword. Nope. Still not a man. He buys the sword. Nope. Still not a man. He admires his sword. Nope. Still not a man.

He begins to hold his sword. Poof! Got it. Manhood.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv