[Tlhingan-hol] Aspect, etc

DloraH seruq at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 15 10:15:38 PST 2015

(Lots of messages lately, and I have been very busy as well; but jumping in this old thread ...)

> From: Lieven [mailto:levinius at gmx.de]
> Am 04.12.2015 um 09:35 schrieb De'vID:
> > Who on the mailing list speaks a language with aspect?
>
> I believe you just found the weak point of klingon learners
> and the main
> problem of them struggling with aspect suffixes: Most of us confuse
> aspect with past tense, because these are translated with the same
> words: If you "have completed" something, then it must have
> happened in the past.

While I am very far from being able to say I speak a language with aspect, I have studied Maori a
little bit (because of the wife's ancestory).  The Maori language uses aspect.  I actually used
Klingon for many of my notes because it was easier than trying to put it in English.

- DloraH