[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: Learning Vocab (was: KLBC: "Which" and uses of question words)

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sat Dec 12 11:31:20 PST 2015

The strategy that helped ME a lot was coloring different types of words.
Most people who read things may happen to over-read words and not really
pay attention to them. I took my TKD and colored each word, so I really
had to focus on it and look it up. After a while, you'll recognize words
and suffixes that are repeated, so you will memorize them. I did that
with TKD, KGT and TKW, so I can really say that I looked up EACH word so
I can be sure I did not oversee them.

This also helps you to recognize structure of words, because the colors
show the syllables. For a beginner, even {jIlaDlaH} looks like a big
chunk of a word, but with colors they can see it's actually {jI-laD-laH}.

I can really recommend this for beinners, cause it's a good way to use
the language in your hands, not just read and see. But maybe it's not
suitable for everyone of course. Each person learns differently.

PS: I recommend the following colors, as they are used in boQwI' as well:
verbs - yellow, nouns - green, chuvmey - blue, affixes - red.
These colors exist in each set of text markers, btw.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh