[Tlhingan-hol] Use Klingon!

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 06:20:17 PST 2015

There's a subtle, but important difference between "I can't believe" and "I don't believe". Consider the suffix {-laH}. As is, your Klingon sounds more defiant than surprised.

*jI'egh* is not a Klingon word. It is a verb prefix tagged on to a verb suffix, but there's no verb. In English, that would be something like "antition" or or "preing". It's pronounceable, but it doesn't mean anything.

Your skills are definitely improving. Your sentence about demoting your first officer is particularly impressive, though you might consider {qamojmoH} rather than {qachenmoH}, since {chenmoH} probably implies physical manufacturing or invention of something. You cause it to form.  By demotion, you cause him to become a different rank. You don't cause him to form a different rank.

Sent from my iPad
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv