[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: Learning Vocab (was: KLBC: "Which" and uses of question words)

Fatairae fatairae at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 06:10:39 PST 2015

I use symbolic flash cards.  I've found that using just a eng-tlh word pair takes me 5x longer to memorize a word, then pairing it with a picture and pronunciation (sound clips, I use a flash card program).  In fact, I actually try to avoid the English word completely, and use a description, or related thing, as the eng part.  When I see matlh, I think of a husky puppy.  When I see ba', I see a chair.  HoS, an atlas statue.
  The only down side is it takes 4 minutes to create each one hehe.  You can do the same with grammar.