[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: moHaq mojaq DuHmey

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Dec 8 09:38:54 PST 2015

On 12/8/2015 12:29 PM, John R. Harness wrote:

> This is what I don't know for sure: Can a verb that becomes a noun with
> {-ghach} or {-wI'} have a prefix still on it? In other words, are these
> legal/how would you translate them?
>
> -{*choSuvHa'ghach} - (Your mis-fighting of me?)
> -{*HIDevwI'} .... ? You, one who leads me?

This is a very old question, and to my knowledge Okrand has never said
no and has never used such a formation.

I feel fairly confident that these are not allowed. Although Klingon
does not have an infinitive, I believe verbs with these type 9 suffixes
must effectively be infinitive in order to use them. That is, they
cannot refer to any subject, even an unspecified one as in {-lu'}.

http://www.trimboli.name/