[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: {-'e'} mojaq

John R. Harness cartweel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 22:25:26 PST 2015

Hi! Essentially you are asking about the correct placement of {-'e'} in the
"to be" construction. In the case you gave, you should treat the name and
the title {gorqon Qang} "Chancellor Gorkon" as one unit. (Now, I looked in
both TKD and KGT and couldn't find explicit instruction on this; but,
mu'tlheghlIj wa' wej je both seem very wrong to my ear. {Qanqor'e' HoD}?
hmm.... don't think so.)

So, I believe that your second sentence is correct.
tlhIngan ghaH gorqon Qang'e'

Incidentally -- Originally, I mis-read incorrectly and thought you had
included two names, something like "Gorkon and Kang are Klingons." This
prompts a question that I'm not sure about; so, qun, what do you think?

tlhInganpu' chaH gorqon qang'e' je'
tlhInganpu' chaH gorqon'e' qang je'
tlhInganpu' chaH gorqon'e' qeng'e' je'
tlhInganpu' chaH gorqon qeng je''e'