[Tlhingan-hol] chut (was: Religious terminology)

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 14:25:17 PST 2015

De'vID:
>>> DIvI' Hol tlhIngan Hol joq neH Dalo'nIS.

qunnoQ HoD:
> <only english or klingon you need to use>
> DIvI' Hol Hab : you only need to use english or klingon

Careful with word order and the scope of {neH}. "You need to use only
English and/or Klingon." Or: "You must use only English or Klingon."

Qov:
>> chutvam vIpar. tlhIngan Hol qelmeH, Hol maSbogh qonwI' lo'lu' 'e' vImaS.
>> DIvI' Hol lo'be'chugh, ghaytan yajbe'lu' 'ej QaHlaHbe' pabpo', 'ach portughal
>> Hol lulo'taHvIS nuvpu', Holmaj luqelchugh, vaj Hat ghu' vIneHbe' jIH.

qunnoQ HoD:
> <I dislike this law. I prefer that in order to consider klingon,the
> writer can use the language he prefers. if he doesn't use
> english,likely he will not be understood and the experts will not be
> able to help him ; however while people are using portugese,if our
> language is considered then i don't need to be in this illegal
> situation.>
> DIvI' Hol Hab : I dislike this law. If one writes about klingon he
> could use any language he prefers,although if he didn't use english
> the experts would not be able to help him. However,if our language
> (klingon) was concerned,by people who were writing in portuguese,i
> wouldn't have to be in this illegal situation.

Very close. Again, there's a slight problem with word order: {Hat
ghu'} is "the situation is illegal", not "the illegal situation". {vaj
Hat ghu' vIneHbe' jIH} means "So I don't want this situation
[discussing Klingon in Portuguese] to be illegal."

> De'vID:
>> Hat ghu'vam vIneHbe' je, 'ach qaSpu', 'ej qaSpu'DI' bepqu' QIn tetlh
>> jeSwI'pu'. toH, Hatbe' 'ach chupbe'qu'lu' je.
>> SeQbe' chutqoqvam 'ach 'utqu' chutHeyvam.

qunnoQ HoD:
> <i don't want this illegal situation either,however it occured and if
> a list member occured to complain. So it isn't illegal, however it is
> not suggested by me too.
> this so called law is informal,however this apparent law is very essential.>
> DIvI' Hol Hab : i don't want this illegal situation either,

"I don't want that [talking about Klingon in Portuguese] to be illegal
either..."

qunnoQ HoD:
> however it occured and a list member complained.

"... however it has occurred and when it did, list members complained."

(In the past, when people have carried out conversations in a language
other than English or Klingon, other list members didn't like it.)

qunnoQ HoD:
> It may not be illegal,however i
> don't suggest it either.

Don't mix up {je} and {jIH}. "So, it isn't illegal, but it's also
really not recommended."

qunnoQ HoD:
>  this so called law is informal, however very essential.

"This so-called law is informal, but this apparent law is very
essential." What I'm saying is it's not a formal rule [that only
English and Klingon may be used, even when discussing Klingon], but
that it's apparently a rule [adopted by this list] which is very
necessary.

qunnoQ HoD:
> DaH jang jIH..

{jIjang}.

qunnoQ HoD:
> ghojmeH tlhIngan Hol vIlo'nIS taghwI'.  thlIngan Hol
> lo'be'chugh, DIvI' Hol tlhInganvaD lo' taghwI' vImaS.

maj.