[Tlhingan-hol] {Hov} DIvI' Hol mung

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 13:56:07 PST 2015

'eD:
>> tlhInganvaD potlh Hovmey Huv.

De'vID:
> ben law'qu' vIttlheghvam lujatlh 'op tlhInganpu':
> {Qun lutu'lu'chugh, QaHQo' chaH, 'ej ruv lughaj HoSwI'pu' neH;
> 'ach Hovmey Huv tlhopDaq wanI'mey luta'lu'bogh luqawlu'taH.}

qunnoQ HoD:
> (ghe'naQ rur mu'tlhegh Qav ! hahaha !)

There's a popular Star Trek author named John M. Ford who wrote some
influential (but non-canon) books on Klingons, and who developed a
mythology around "the naked stars", which some on this mailing list
have taken to translating as {Hovmey Huv}.

My words above are a translation of a passage from his novel, "The
Final Reflection":
"If there are gods, they do not help, and justice belongs to the
strong: but know that all things done before the naked stars are
remembered."

And this is why some people suggest that the words {Hov} and {Huv} are
connected.