[Tlhingan-hol] {Hov} DIvI' Hol mung

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 09:35:10 PST 2015

Okay, the word {maj} does work as a sentence. That’s what it does.

{vIlaDqa’} “I read it again.” Another fine sentence with {‘ej} tying it to another single sentence… except…

{pIq jIQaghbe’ jIyepqu’}…

Okay, {pIq} tells us that you are looking to make this a statement about the future. It’s a little vague as time stamps go, but hey... {jIQaghbe’} is a complete sentence. “I don’t err.” Fine.

But {jIyepqu’} is another complete sentence. “I am very careful.”

So, what’s the relationship between these two final complete sentences?

Maybe you mean to say that your goal is to not make mistakes, and your statement is that you will be careful in order to not err. In that case, consider the verb suffix {-meH}. The purpose of your being careful is to not make mistakes, so {jIQaghbe'} is a good candidate for being marked as the purpose of {jIyepqu’}.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv