[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: Due to the refusal, the topic is forgotten

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 00:49:47 PST 2015

fata irae:
> perhaps even:
>   yIlIjbe'eghmoHlu' ~ Cause yourself to not be forgotten! ?
> (or would a double reversal lead us back to the beginning, like a mad rats
> maze?)

I agree with QeS's earlier comment about {-lu'} and sociolinguistic
reasons to avoid it in an imperative construction. Your sentence may
be grammatical, but it feels stylistically or culturally wrong to me.

fata irae:
> So back to the original point, using -lu' as a mirror of -moH (somewhat).
> Is there another way to do that, for verbs that don't have a mirroring state
> word?

Instead of {-lu'}, one can always use {vay'} or {pagh}.

{DulIj vay' 'e' yIchaw'Qo'!}
{DulIjmeH pagh, yISuv!}