[Tlhingan-hol] Religious terminology

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:33:41 PST 2015

Hoch Davuvlaw’. qay’be’. ‘ach DIvI’Hol Dalo’taH ‘ej bIjatlhtaHvIS, tlhIngan Hol bopbe’ QInlIj.

This is a remarkably long thread during which you are neither speaking Klingon nor discussing its grammar nor vocabulary. This is why SuStel is responding to you in Klingon. This is the “it” that you are not getting.

It’s okay to briefly touch on tangential topics, like discussing appropriate topics for translation for beginners, but it’s less okay to go on and on about it in English without ever actually dealing with the language itself, either in substance or nature.

There are two rules here:

1. Write something in the Klingon language.

2. Write something about the Klingon language.

Eventually, you should start following at least one of these rules. It’s not just a place where people who are theoretically interested in the language or culture should write long messages about other people who theoretically have an interest in the language.

Just do it. Rule 1, or Rule 2. Take your pick.

I don’t say this disrespectfully. I don’t care about the past. This moment forward, follow at least one of the two rules. Don’t apologize. Don’t explain yourself. Just start living up to the etiquette of the list. Rule 1 or Rule 2.

lu’?

And please, DO call me on this when *I* make this same violation of the lists etiquette.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv