[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: Due to the refusal, the topic is forgotten

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 02:21:27 PST 2015

Fatairae:
>   Haha, was trying to say, "teacher, be not forgotten!".

What does this even mean? How can you give a command to someone not to
be forgotten by someone else?

{DalIjbe'lu'meH yIvang!} "act, in order that you are not forgotten!"

Fatairae:
> choleghpu'mo' SuHeghlI'
>
> Which brings up another question (due to my error in prefixes hehe): agreement of person.  Many you's are dying, because of one you.  Need these agree in Klingon, or does it allow the flexibility of addressing the different groups? (I ask because I couldn't find anything related to clause-person agreement in the TKD).

There's no requirement that either the subject or object of a
subordinate clause has anything to do with either the subject or
object of the main clause.

This works just like in English:
{bIjatlhHa'mo' vub vIHoH} "because you misspoke, I will kill a hostage"