[Tlhingan-hol] Religious terminology

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 09:11:32 PST 2015

This may sound strange,but it wasn't my intention to start translating
religious texts ; I mentioned the bible as an example of use for the
words that were the subject of this thread.
Since the subject of translating religious texts into Klingon came
up,I would like to say that as a greek-orthodox and someone who can
actually study the new testament into the language it was originally
written, I believe that it is impossible for any Klingonist to
translate the bible adequately in Klingon. Unless he just wants to
narrate in his own words the story of new testament.. But to actually
express in Klingon the dogmas,described in the bible is impossible.
Unless Okrand would create both new grammar and words too,then the
whole idea could never have a credible result as far as orthodox dogma
is concerned.
Now,I can almost *feel*  that someone,is about to hit the "reply"
button and start writing that Klingon is perfect,and that it can
describe everything and anything, that I should not have an opinion on
what can and cannot be done -since I'm a beginner- etc etc.
qay'be'.. lets just agree to disagree..

qun HoD