[Tlhingan-hol] mIl'oD veDDIr SuvwI': 19. ghob tIvnISbe'lu'

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 1 05:51:42 PST 2015

jIjatlhpu' jIH:
> 'o qeylIS lIjlaHbogh pagh, 'o veqlargh je, HIQoychu':

jang De'vID, jatlh:
> chay' qeylIS, veqlargh je Sov /Middle Georgian/ lut ja'wI'pu' jay'?!

Middle Georgian lut ja'qa'laHmeH chay' ghojpu' tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI''e'? ;)

In seriousness though, as in other texts - notably Hamlet - I've been recasting many themes from the text to fit into a Klingon framework, while trying to maintain the imagery of the original as well as incorporating my own nods to the corpus of published Klingon texts. There's much of the original that draws heavily on a range of religious and philosophical backgrounds, so I'm trying to normalise all that within a thematically coherent (and comprehensible) Klingon text.

jIjatlhqa'pu' je jIH:
> As always, I welcome questions about the rendition, critique of grammar or
> style, and rotten tomatoes wherever some stupid error deserves them, from
> beginners and po'wI'pu' alike.

jangqa' je De'vID, jatlh:
> I don't know if you're simply following the format of the original
> text, but I would recommend for the Klingon text to be broken down
> into much smaller paragraphs, for easier reading.

I've been setting it up in larger paragraphs mainly to keep related themes together, but I can certainly change that if it's getting in the way of the reading. I appreciate your advice in that regard.

QeS 'utlh