[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: loH

Brad Wilson bmacliam at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 11:55:48 PDT 2014

<loHwI'> is understood to be a magistrate, which in my understanding is akin to a judge. The word magistrate comes from the Latin magistratus (administrator), which seems closer to the meaning of the both <loH> (administer) and <loH> (administration).
A somewhat related verb is <noH> (judge, estimate), from which we might derive <noHwI'> (a judge), but certainly a magistrate "administers" justice, so this might point to a distinction between <loHwI'> and <noHwI'>.
gheyIl