[Tlhingan-hol] Beginners Grammar

Fiat Knox fiat_knox at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 02:36:31 PST 2014

Hi.
The -'a' Type 9 interrogative verb suffix is only used with the sort of closed questions which require an answer like "yes" or "no."
For open questions such as when?, where?, who?, what?, how? and, particularly, why?, just use the question word qatlh in front of your sentence.
So the correct phrasing of the question is {qatlh bISaQ}. bISaQ'a' would be Are you crying?