[Tlhingan-hol] Need a word for ...

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Thu Nov 20 08:39:31 PST 2014

> 20 nov 2014 kl. 16:02 skrev "lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com" <lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com>:
>
> But it’s just an opinion, and not one with artificial importance. I perhaps implied artificial importance and that was unintentional and incorrect, and would have been dishonorable and inexcusable, were it my intent.

I'm sure nobody meant to imply any disapproval of your desire for this word; only to discuss alternative solutions until we do receive such a word (if we ever do). Personally, I'd love to have a word specifically for this, even though I've suggested other alternatives.

There is a pretty pervasive attitude among jatlhwI'pu' that we have all the words we need; expressing new concepts is only a matter of ingenuity.
For the most part, I think that's a good attitude to have, but we can perhaps be a bit overzealous about it from time to time. After all, every new building block helps, and it sure is a lot nicer to be able ask somebody «bIQallaH'a'?» than «bIQDaq bIvo''eghmeH ghIvDu'lIj DavIHmoHlaH'a'?»