[Tlhingan-hol] Maltz about "The Klingon Art of War"

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Sun Nov 16 05:55:12 PST 2014

maj!

I think it's good that he didn't explicitly retcon all of the mistakes; some of them really are better to just forget about (like using «chenmoH» to mean "form (martial arts technique)"), but it's nice to have some more cultural words to use.

naj dream is a verb that can take as an object something that is being dreamt of.  So qul naj is dream(s) about fire or dream(s) of fire.

This could prove useful; I've long wondered how to say "dream about"!

The title «qul naj» was one of a handful of phrases provided by a group of klingonists (and not Bing Translator); we knew that it was a naughty construction, but it was the best we could do, and we figured the author might be waxing poetic.

Maltz said ruv’etlh for sword of justice made the most sense to him, but he thought vo’ruv ’etlh might be an older term for the sword.

Marc recently mentioned to me that while there's a common perception that noun-noun constructs must be separated by spaces, he's actually not at all picky about that.