[Tlhingan-hol] tlhoy'

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon May 19 12:45:32 PDT 2014

Am 19.05.2014 21:29, schrieb DloraH:
> For a territorial type wall that keeps people "in" or "out" could be a yergho, "wall around a city".
> But now for something like the Great Wall of China; it's not dividing up a territory, it's not a
> circle around a city.

Yes, that's true, but look again at the definition from the Klingon
point of view:

Okrand said:
{yergho}, which is apparently derived from {yer} "domain, holdings,
territory" plus {gho} "circle."

I believe that Okrand just didn't think about a difference of a city or
a country and if you accept china being a {yer}, then {yergho} works
perfectly. In my opinion.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh