[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tlhorghHa'

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon May 12 11:19:49 PDT 2014

Am 12.05.2014 16:50, schrieb Steven Boozer:
> In KCD Okrand goes into some detail on the distinction between {ghargh} (serpent worms as animals) vs. {qagh} (serpent worms alive but with seasonings and sauce added, served as food).

I recently discovered an interesting detail which I like to share at
this point: I saw an interview with Okrand where he said that the
authors of TNG had made a small mistake when overseeing a small comma in
TKD.
The entry for {ghargh} says "serpent, worm". (p. 86)
(BTW, the english glossary also has "worm, serpent")

It was only in the addendum where Okrand introduced the new definition
"serpent worm" with the new word {qagh}.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh