[Tlhingan-hol] KLI Website

Brent Kesler brent.of.all.people at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:31:01 PDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM, Elizabeth Lawrence <
elizabeth.lawrence08 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we (this list, the KLI, etc.) are capable of debating details
> until the end of the world, so I think we should get something functional
> up ASAP and then debate the particulars of a more permanent style choice.
>  I do think our ASAP option should be a platform which is capable of our
> more long-term ambitions, or is compatible with things that are.

The way I see it, we have two basic components to worry about:
 1. Look and feel
 2. Content management

Two frameworks/platforms have been bandied about in this discussion:
Bootstrap and WordPress. Bootstrap is more about look and feel, while
WordPress is a CMS. I haven't used WordPress much, but it has a reputation
for both its flexibility and ease of use. Perhaps the solution is to use
Bootstrap to design an interface to access content on a WordPress install.
Though we'd need different back-ends for the wiki, e-mail archive, etc.

WordPress would also allow volunteers to take responsibility for a
particular portion of the site.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> But I believe that Lawrence was thinking of something more like a web,
> where kli.org is just pointing to
>
> It might look like
>
> kli.org
> --> emailarchive --> www.xyz.com/klimails
> --> new words --> www.abcde.com/newwwords
> --> KLI wiki --> wiki.blabla.de/
> etc.

Personally, I think the KLI would look more impressive if it hosted
everything. But I like having the idea of a group of volunteers rather than
a single admin. It looks like we're reaching a workable middle ground.

bI'reng