[Tlhingan-hol] The Legend of Gorath part 1

Lieven Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Mar 21 07:24:53 PDT 2014

Bellerophon, modeler wrote:
> {'oH} in this case means "he," the subject of the sentence, i.e. the targh.
> This brings up a question for me. A hesitant speaker is likely to be
> following normal word order when he interrupts himself, as the boy does in English
> So what sort of sentence fragment comes out in Klingon?

It might sound hard for us self-focused Terran speakers, but I think that a klingon would start with the object, because that's HIS natural way of speaking. That's why I have read the given phrase as 'oH referring to the cave, not to the targh.

If you want to keep the meaning the same, a klingon would use a verb instead:

"He's… He went in there."
{'el... DISvetlh 'el}

or also any other word that might fit in the slot:
{DaH... DISvetlh 'el}

---

{'oH... DISvetlh 'el.} Does not make sense if {'oH} refers to the {targh}. A single pronoun is not a phrase in klingon

I noticed on the qepHom several times that sometimes it's difficult to speak really fluently if you like to say and pause like "I want a... ehm... a BEER".

Lieven.