[Tlhingan-hol] Rape

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Tue Jun 24 20:20:43 PDT 2014

Using ghIb in that way makes it very clear. ghIbbe’chugh vaj *rape* ‘oH.

It’s much better than the term pe’vIl ngagh which not only does not distinguish between consensual _forceful_ mating and mating with someone who does not consent, _by force_, but also does not address mating with someone unable to offer consent or resistance.

The verb wem may also be useful for this purpose.

- Qov