[Tlhingan-hol] 'arDaq

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Mon Jun 16 21:05:09 PDT 2014

The question you want to ask is actually lojmIt DawIvbogh yIngu', and you're
right in that many sentences that are questions in English are best rendered
as commands in Klingon. Questions are demands for information, after all.

lojmIt DawIv 'e' yIngu' comes out meaning something like "Identify that you
choose a door." If I didn't know what you were aiming at there, I would have
suggested you change it to lojmIt DawIv 'e' yI'ol - Verify that you will
choose a door, because that's what the meaning approaches.

The word 'e' has the very specific purpose of making the entire preceding
sentence the object of the following verb.

I too don't have a problem with lojmIt 'arDIch DawIv? being answered with
lojmIt wej vIwIv, but understand that it isn't an exact match. I'm not sure
what the question that matches exactly in English is.

- Qov