[Tlhingan-hol] Proof that Klingon isn't just a few stock phrases.

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Jun 2 03:22:05 PDT 2014

Am 02.06.2014 11:34, schrieb BT Yahoo!:
> There is discussion about how useful Klingon language is to discuss general matters.

Okrand has released hundreds of new words lately, which are really
helpful for daily use, but we are still missing simple words like
"fridge" and "diapers".

> Which books list canon Klingon vocabulary (including their ISBN numbers)?

Only TKD and KGT.

> It would be useful if all canon Klingon vocabulary could be gathered into one new dictionary.

Yes, indeed. Many people would volunteer to do that, even Okrand, but
it's a question of money and copyright. But I think that nobody actually
has asked Paramount.

> * No word for ground vehicles, so members had to use {Duj} = "ship" to mean "car".

See the Talk Now CD, including word like "train" and "railway station".

> * No word for "sun", so members had to use "star" instead.

See paq'batlh, which uses the word {jul} for "sun".

You may also want to review te newwords lists on kli.org and qepHom.de

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh