[Tlhingan-hol] qep'a' Proverbs

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 08:35:55 PDT 2014

I wrote:
>  > For many years, the tlhIngan-Hol-mailing list has been the primary
> source
>  > to stay up to date with new words and other information about Klingon.
>  > This obviously has shifted to facebook.

Lawrence answered:
> Lieven, you are drawing grand conclusions from a single datapoint, and
> those conclusions are WRONG.

It was not my intention for this to be a negative point, nor did I want
to step on your toes. My apologies for make this look like a bad thing.

What concerns my conclusion, it's not from a single datapoint only. It's
just a fact that Facebook does exist, and has become a major meeting
point for many people all over the world. You may know of the "Learn
Klingon" group. If there was no facebook, then those people would
probably be in the mailing list, but they are not. Just like the
"tlhingan-Hol-jatlhwI'pu'". There is also a KLI-page on Facebook; that's
interesting to have and definitley a must be there, but that also makes
move the information flow to that point, away from the list.

Note that it's not a negative thing! It's just that I noticed that
anything that used to happen on the mailing list ONLY, long time ago,
*may* also happen on Facebook nowadays.

Your message on facebook really was one single event, and I understand
that you just posted it there because it was easy to do and you were
proud to show it. ;-)

It just wouldn't have happened if there were no facebook, and there may
be some non-facebookers on this list who may feel left alone. You know
how excited the Klingonists are about getting news from Maltz!  :-D

So please - no offense! :-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh