[Tlhingan-hol] Too short

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Jul 2 07:41:25 PDT 2014

On 7/2/2014 10:23 AM, lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com wrote:
> There's still the issue of "A, B, C, and D" being the way you use
> commas and conjunctions in English for either nouns or verbs, while
> nouns in Klingon would be {A, B, C, D je} and verbs would be {A 'ej B
> 'ej C 'ej D}.

There is a canonical example of A, B, 'ej C. I can't remember what it
is. Possibly on a Skybox card?

> I could easily be wrong because canon seems to omit and avoid this
> kind of listing of verbs. Okrand even goes to lengths like {tInbogh
> Doch Doq} to describe a "big red thing" to avoid dealing with giving
> a noun two adjectives.

I don't remember anything in the form of {tInbogh Doch Doq}, though it's
perfectly grammatical. We do have phrases of the forms {tInbogh Doch 'ej
Doqbogh} and {tInbogh 'ej Doqbogh Doch}.

http://www.trimboli.name/