[Tlhingan-hol] Too short

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jul 2 07:37:34 PDT 2014

Am 02.07.2014 16:23, schrieb lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com:
> There's still the issue [...]
> I suspect that a Klingon listening to what you've said would notate it as:
>
> HoS. val. vaQ 'ej Duj Doj ra'mo' vIqIH vIneH.
>
> And in such a case, it's odd that {vaQ} is conjoined with the sentence that follows it and not those that preceded it.

You're right, punctuation cannot be heard. But you can still do an
acustic break when speaking:

HoS. val. vaQ.

'ej Duj Doj ra'mo' vIqIH vIneH.

Some grammar teacher at school may get upset because one should not
start a sentence with a conjunction. ;-)

Although STID gives us some phrases:
ghach jIvvo' naH. DaH pIghvamDaq So''eghtaH.
There is a criminal hiding in these ruins.

'ej Dojmey wID - vInDa'ma' peq.
He has killed many of our people.

potlhmo' batlh, vIqawba'.
Because you care about honor.