[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Say'qu'moH

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jan 15 02:16:00 PST 2014

Am 15.01.2014 10:29, schrieb Felix Malmenbeck:
> I believe what De'vID is suggesting that {lo'laH} could not have become its own stem by that route, since that route wasn't open before it was a verb stem.

Yes, that's exactly what I also thought.

You are listing several ideas how this word might have grown, and all of
these seem possible. That's what makes klingon so interesting, IMHO.
Although a constructed language, there really IS some kind of natural
growth in it. Maybe not a real, existing culture, but all of these tiny
riddles make the language so interesting, make it feel real.

Going back to real life, Marc Okrand has said several times that he did
not think that anyone would ever have such a close look at the
dictionary, so he didn't think very much about the meaning of every
single word.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh