[Tlhingan-hol] Fwd: Catholic priest seeks recording of prayer in Klingon

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Fri Aug 15 09:55:44 PDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 1:06 AM, David Holt <kenjutsuka at live.com> wrote:
> [...]

qaghwI'mey tIrapmoH! Rectify the apostrophes.

> juchenmoH ‘ej pIrur.

<pIrurmeH juchenmoH> vImaS.

> SoHvo’ boghbogh puqloD neH ghaH {yeSu’ QISto’’e’}...

I don't like how {SoHvo' boghbogh puqloD} seems to imply a physical
"born from" which would naturally apply to the mother.  I think
{puqloD DaboghmoHbogh} works a lot better. Also, {neH} here feels
inappropriate to me. Perhaps {mob} would be preferable.

[I thought {QIStoS} was the accepted transliteration, but I'm not a
student of the original Greek text.]

> {bISop} Qel je {San ‘ISIDor} ‘ej nuboQ ‘e’ wIqoy’.

Ranks come after the name, and I think that would apply to titles as
well. I don't know exactly what to do when there are two of them,
though. But shouldn't he be the subject of {boQ}? The {'ej} isn't
right, in any case.

> ...nIbelmoHbogh Dochmey neH yIghoSmoH...

tIghoSmoH

> joH’a’ma’ ghaHbogh QISto’vo’ wItlhob.  {‘amen}.

Instead of a {ghaHbogh} phrase, simple apposition ought to work:
{joH'a'ma'vo' QISto'vo'}. Skybox SP1 gives a perfect example of this,
with the phrase {juHqo'vo' Qo'noSvo'}.

-- ghunchu'wI'