[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghIpDIj

Brad Wilson bmacliam at aol.com
Thu Aug 14 09:03:21 PDT 2014

TKD has ghIpDIj listed as verb on both sides. These are the only other multi-syllable verbs (not including suffixes) I can find:
He'So' - stink - TKD, verb on both sides
HoSghaj - be powerful - TKD, verb on both sides
nughI' - twist knuckle into someone's head - 1996 qep'a', reiterated in KGT

Voragh:
This is a rare two-syllable verb.

gheyIl:
Do we know for certain that <ghIpDIj> (court-martial) is a verb, and this is not
an error in TKD?
We know there were other errors. Has it ever been used in canon to support the
verb definition?

Voragh:

AFAIK it's never appeared in canon.  I don't have a paperback TKD with me; is
<ghIpDIj> listed as a verb on both sides of the glossary (English-Klingon,
Klingon-English)?  Has anyone ever asked Okrand about this?