[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghay

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Fri Apr 18 08:32:05 PDT 2014

If I don’t repeat a subject phrase used for two verbs, I much prefer Hegh ‘ej rIQ SuvwI’pu’ law’. Interesting that it’s ‘ej not qoj or pagh there.

Here there’s another possible subject for Hegh, the qarDaSnganpu’, so stating the subject right away is useful.

Saying Hegh SuvwI’pu’ law’ ‘ej rIQ gives me a moment of rIQ ‘Iv? so I prefer it repeated there.

It’s kind of the difference between “Many people were killed and injured” and “Many people were killed and they were injured.”  You’re left going “okay, I guess the antecedent of ‘they’ is many people, but why not put the two verbs together?”

- Qov.