[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghay

Brent Kesler brent.of.all.people at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 08:19:07 PDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu>wrote:

>   jorwI'mey ghaymo' qarDaSnganpu', Hegh SuvwI'pu'lI' law'
>    'ej rIQ SuvwI'pu'lI' law'
>   Suffer major losses after Cardassian bombing campaign. MKE
>
> BTW notice the repetition of the subject phrase {SuvwI'pu' law'} "many
> warriors" in the main clause(s).

I've been working on a sort of essay, and I've not been been repeating
subject phrases like that. So I'm hoping for some discussion. What do
people think of:

1. (?) Hegh SuvwI'pu'lI' law' 'ej riQ.
-- vs. --
2. Hegh SuvwI'pu'lI' law' 'ej rIQ SuvwI'pu'lI' law'.

Is Sentence 1 unclear? Just bad Klingon? Or is Sentence 2 just an extra
precise version of Sentence 2?

bI'reng