[Tlhingan-hol] Canon and feelings for translating be-verbs with "there"

Brad Wilson bmacliam at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 07:49:11 PDT 2014

For what's it's worth, I am quite comfortable with {law' 'Iw}. To specify "where" the blood is abundant, one could add {naDev} or some other locative if it wasn't implicit in the statement.
I have a somewhat related question. Is it acceptable to add {-vam/-vetlh} to {'oH} to render something like this {chab 'oHvam} "this is the pie"
Resorting to something like {chab 'oH Dochvam'e'} seems rather verbose for Klingon.
If so, then perhaps {HoD ghaHvetlh} "that is the captain"
gheyIl