[Tlhingan-hol] Canon and feelings for translating be-verbs with"there"

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Sun Apr 6 22:14:12 PDT 2014

Thanks, all,

No one has said anything I disagree with here.  I want the course to show examples of indisputably good Klingon, and I want to be able to back it up with canon. As I was going over what I had written, I thought perhaps that there were Klingonists who would not consider <law’ ‘Iw> or <puS Soj> to be well-formed sentences, because of the awkward direct translations. I am comfortable with them, but was unable to find a similar sentence in canon.

I think, lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv, that you’re the one who taught me to favour sentences of this type. :-)  I will soon post a link to a sample formatted lesson, and make available the content for the first fifteen or so, for your nitpicking pleasure. It’s a painful step, and I may call closure on the debate before all the horses have been beaten completely flat, but a beginner’s course should present Klingon that any Klingonist will accept.

- Qov