[Tlhingan-hol] meQboghnom

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 24 07:14:59 PDT 2013

Thanks for the citation.

Speaking of banners, Okrand wrote to Lieven (1/09/2012):

  {tlhIm} is commonly used for a fabric wall hanging
 (that might, for example, have a picture of the Klingon
 emblem on it). If a piece of cloth is displayed at the
 end of a pole, it is considered a {joqwI'} ("flag"); a
 {tlhIm} covers some sort of surface.

Vertical ceremonial banners were seen at the Kot'baval festival held at the Maranga IV outpost. (TNG "Firstborn") A picture of the ceremonial banner (or maybe it was a wall hanging) was seen in DS9: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/AdmiralMudd/KCI/Banners/KlingonCeremonialBannersm.jpg

BTW note the {ghach}-noun --  {yeqchuqchu'taHghach} “unity” – probably the longest one Okrand has coined.  Are there any other new ones in the paq’batlh?  (Whenever you get the chance;  I’m assuming that you have a searchable copy available.)