[Tlhingan-hol] Story - Out of order installments

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Sep 6 06:21:59 PDT 2013

> Might {jIQoch(be')} be uncanonical usage?

It sems that in Klingon, one person can [dis]agree all on her/his own:

http://klingonska.org/canon/search/?file=1996-08-06c-news.txt&get=source

==================
d'Armond -- jIQochbe'. When the dictionary lacks a word that you need (or think you need), the best approach is to think of other ways to say the same thing. This not only gets your idea across, it also helps you become more familiar with Klingon. qeS QaQ.
==================

http://klingonska.org/canon/search/?file=1997-11-30-news.txt&get=source

 Both Qochbe'nIS "he/she/they
need to not disagree" (that is, "he/she/they need to agree") and QochnISbe'
"he/she/they do not need to disagree" are acceptable Klingon formations.

Also, this passage from KGT would seem to back this up:

Nonslang equivalents of {qang}, though lacking the negative connotation, are
{reH Qochbe'} ("always agree"; {reH,} "always"), {reH yeq} ("always cooperate"),
and {reH jIj} ("always be cooperative").