[Tlhingan-hol] Story: ghuv = The Recruit - 51

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Wed Oct 23 07:36:34 PDT 2013

The one that trips me up is when complex verbs are reflexive. QeS does it all the time: rIQ'eghmoHlaHbe'mo' or the like. As non native speakers it's hard to know what's just our understanding and what's poor Klingon. It's possible, in universe, that the proverb itself would be hard to parse were it not so familiar. I agree that negation is sometimes harder to parse.

In this case:

luSopbe'meH yIHmey boghbejpu' torgh

is worse, I think.