[Tlhingan-hol] Story: ghuv = The Recruit - 51

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 00:31:56 PDT 2013

Qov:
> luSopmeH yIH boghbe'bejpu' torgh. = "Torg was definitely not born for
> tribbles to eat him."

I have trouble parsing {-meH} with negation.

I initially read that as:
"Torg was (definitely not born) for tribbles to eat him."

It wasn't until I read the translation that I understood you meant:
"Torg was definitely not (born for tribbles to eat him)."

I have the same trouble with {Hoch DaSopbe'chugh bath bIHeghbe'} so I
apparently have trouble understanding {-be'} when it negates complex
sentences.