[Tlhingan-hol] Use of {net}

Fiat Knox fiat_knox at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 10:17:44 PDT 2013

I've been thinking about the use of net in a sentence.

The Klingon Dictionary has this to say about net:-

When the verb of the second sentence has a third-personsubject (that is, the pronominal prefix is 0) but the intended meaning is one or someone, rather than he, she, it, or they, net is used instead of 'e'.

The Klingon Dictionary uses {net} in two example sentences:-

qama'pu' DIHoH net Sov - One knows we killprisoners
Qu'vaD lI' net tu'bej One certainly finds it useful for the mission

I wonder. What other uses have you found for net in a sentence?

Would you, for instance, use qatlh DujlIj'e' nIHta' ra'wI' net SIv One wonders why the Commander stole your ship

or jagh Suvlu'DI' net taj jej lo'nIS; jagh HoSghaj Suvlu'DI' net to' jej lo'nIS When fighting an enemy, one must use a sharp blade; when fighting a powerful enemy, one must use sharp tactics perhaps?

Tell me how you have used it, or why you have avoided it.