[Tlhingan-hol] New words from Star Trek Into Darkness

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Nov 12 12:45:36 PST 2013

jaj 12.11.2013 09:55, ghItlh nIqolay q:
 > Just out of curiosity, did
> Okrand mention if any of these words had to get invented anyway, and
> how many of them are the result of editing and changing the lines?

Not directly, but it seems that for the first translation, he did not
need to create any new, and these new ones were only necessary because
of the re-dubbing.

> One of the things I find most fascinating about Klingon are the
> behind-the-scenes looks at times when the language's grammar and
> vocabulary developed because of film production matters and not
> linguistic reasons.

I just think it's so ironic that he had to refit the scenes almost the
same way as he did it the first time, nearly thirty years ago!

(FYI: ST3 was recorded in english and then redubbed in klingon)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh