[Tlhingan-hol] New words from Star Trek Into Darkness

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Nov 11 11:28:30 PST 2013

ja' De'vID:
> Lieven is working on a message with the meaning of all the new words.
> Since I got the meanings from him, I'll wait for him to reveal them.

David has already done a good job showing other examples on how to use
them, here just follows a list of explanations we got from Maltz.
These were printed in this year's qepHom-booklet.

Qapla',
   Lieven.

bam
v. face, have the prospect of having to deal with

chIvo'
n. total dishonor, absolute lack of honor

chIw
v. express, embody, exude, epitomize

chuD
n. people, kin, member of the same group or tribe or clan (very similar
to vInDa')

Dojmey
n. mass, masses, multitude, a very large but indeterminate group of
something (people or otherwise)
This word is derived from Doj batch, pile, heap, accumulation plus -mey,
the general plural suffix.  Even if referring only to beings capable of
using language, one would normally not say Dojpu'.)

ghach
v. lurk, lie in wait, lie low (ready to ambush, for example; hidden but
posing a threat)

Hey
v. battle or fight against one's own group (not the supposed enemy)

jIvvo'
n. criminal, villain, malefactor
This word is similar to HeSwI' criminal.  HeSwI' is used to refer to
someone who breaks a law; jIvvo' connotes, in addition, being evil.

lIb
v. be impending, imminent, loom

naH
v. be hostile, malicious, unfriendly, antagonistic

peq
v. slaughter (connotes intention, targeting specific victims)

ve'
v. travel with a purpose, for a specific reason; travel on a mission.
Opposed to leng, which is travel with or without a special purpose.

vInDa'
n. compatriot, community member, cohort, fellow citizen

vum
n. contemptible or despicable person, scumbag, bastard

vuy
v. be helpful, supportive

wID
v. massacre (connotes indiscriminate killing)

yI'
v. speak in an honorable or respectful fashion

Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh
http://www.facebook.com/Klingonteacher