[Tlhingan-hol] Story: ghuv = The Recruit - 23

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:21:44 PST 2013

On 11 Sep 2013 02:02, "Robyn Stewart" <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:
> bIng bej/Dung bej = be face down/face up

I didn't understand the intended meaning, because I thought the Romulans
were unconscious, and {bej} implied otherwise.

I think maybe you were going for something like this line which was cut
from ST:V?
{DungDaq legh 'ej QotnIStaH romuluSngan be'pu'}
"Romulan women belong on their backs"
(Romulan women look overhead, and they need to lie down.)

But {legh} like {bej} implies consciousness. Also, I don't think that
particular line was a good translation. I wouldn't have understood the
meaning without having been first told what it was.