[Tlhingan-hol] "Knitting" in Klingon

ghunchu'wI' qunchuy at alcaco.net
Fri Jun 28 17:13:04 PDT 2013

Here is the full tweet from @KlingonKnitter on 16 June 2010:
> vay' Sov tlhIngan mu' vaDmuv, knitting joq knitter? #klingon (translate: http://bit.ly/9AKLUU)

I tracked the origin to the now defunct tweetinklingon.com web site, which was part of the promotions for the Star Trek Online game. It saved the original English for each mock-Klingon tweet so readers could "translate" what was sent. Those records are no longer available, but based on other samples of its output I am pretty sure that "tlhIngan mu' vaDmuv" came from "Klingon word for join", with the English input being "Anybody know the Klingon word for join, knitting or knitter?"

-- ghunchu'wI'